In this post, I’ll give you insight into the process of a dinosaur piece I made.
I began with a mass of green wool around wire running head to tail. I then began covering the surface with yellow wool.
Once the surface was covered, I added facial feature to start bringing the character to life.
Then began the tedious process of adding spots/ pattern to the body. A similar application to the giraffes I’ve done in the past.
Once I was achieving close to full coverage, I added detail on the toes, and began photographing the character in natural environments.
The end result was great, and the flexibility from the wire really brought soul to the figure. It sold at the New Belgium Maker’s Market 2016. Thanks for the stop!
-Style Point John